Winter Skincare Series: Oily Skin Winter Skincare Tips
by Wendy Kim on Dec 05, 2019
A. Exfoliate with hydration
Why sugar will be a great exfoliator for your oily skin in winter
- - sugar, among other types of exfoliant, retains moisture on the skin making it a hydrating exfoliating ingredient.
- - the natural glycolic acid in sugar helps condition and moisturize skin and protects skin from pollutants and toxins.
- - dissolves easily with water and oil making it less irritating on the skin after exfoliation.
- - can be used in multipurpose for effective cleansing and exfoliation.
B. Watery toner with no viscosity that is highly refreshing
The qualities to check when choosing the toner for your oily skin in winter
- - light and watery texture that will leave skin feeling refreshing and hydrating. (less viscocity, more refreshing)
- - hydrating ingredients with calming & soothing properties: Green tea water, coconut water.
- - fast absorption into the skin without leaving residue on the surface of the skin.
- - easy to layer multiple times until skin feels hydrated within and on the surface.
C. Serum: Hyaluronic acid packed soothing & cooling serum
What makes a serum cooling & soothing ideal for oily skin?
- - Hydrating ingredients such as : hyaluronic acid
- - Calming & soothing ingredients such as: centella asiatica extract
- - Texture that leaves skin with a cooling & refreshing feeling
D. Cream: Moisturize without oil