5 Step Korean Skicare Routine: How to Get Rid of Oily Skin
by Wendy KimonNov 07, 2017
1. What is Oil on Your Skin Telling You?
Oil produced from the sebaceous glands (oil-producing glands) definitely plays an important role in our skin. It moisturizes our skin, prevents our skin from drying out and aging too fast, and even lubricates the skin which protects our skin from external factors. However, when the oil becomes excessive and not taken care of, the journey to greasiness, breakouts, pigmentation, and acne begins. We know that an oily complexion is so hard to manage and can affect people of all ages and can cause blemishes, pimples, and other skin problems.
1) Do I have Oily Skin?
Well, but are you sure if you have oily skin or not? Before we start treating our skin, we need to know whether we have oily skin. It is quite easier to notice whether I have oily skin or not because the secretion of oil is more noticeable and leaves marks to let you know that your skin is desperately in need of oil control.
2) Signs that I have Oily Skin
- My skin turns greasy by the afternoon- I have enlarged pores especially around the t-zone- I am prone to breakouts and acne- I notice more blackheads than my friends- After making phone calls, my phone screen has oil marks- My bangs get easily oilyIf you are have nodded to all of the categories above, you are in an urgent need to control your oil on your face. And the key to controlling your excessive oil level on your face starts from reevaluating the skincare routine and skincare products that you are currently using. But if you have no idea from where to make a change and how to change your previous routine, don’t worry, we have brought the perfect Korean skincare routine on how to get rid of oily skin with only 5 simple steps with some of the best skincare products for oily skin.
3) Some Habits You Would Want to Remember to Escape from Oily Skin
- Eat more: Fiber / Water / Cucumber / Grapefruit / Omega 3- Eat less: Dairy Products / Added Sugar / Fatty Meat / Salty Snacks / Enriched Flour- Get enough sleep & exercise regularly- And of course, avoid any stress….
2. The Solution: Day & Night Routine for Oily Skin
So let’s take a look into simple 5 step Korean skincare routine on how to get rid of oily skin.
For oily skin type, we are not talking about sheet masks but instead a clay mask. You would want to move onto giving your oily skin a clay mask care to not only control your sebum but also to cleanse your pores.
Step 3. Toner
For day routine, our [Klairs] Supple Preparation Facial Toner will be the perfect one to go for since it will keep the perfect ph level balance of your skin and leave a non-oily and mild finish to work your next skincare steps. And for the night routine, the [COSRX] One Step Up Moisture Up Pad will be the perfect type of product to not only tone your face but mildly exfoliate your face with the touch of hydration.
Step 4. Serum
Again two different product recommendation for day and night. For daycare, try adding a light-weight serum that can control the production of sebum with pore tightening effect. And for night care, go thicker and add a vitamin c serum so that you can also target your dull skin and pigmentation. But don’t worry, our [By Wishtrend] Pure Vitamin C 21.5% Advanced Serum is a non-sticky texture that even oily skin types love getting their hands on.
Step 5. Moisturizer
[I’m from] Vitamin Tree Watergelwill be the perfect last step product for extremely oily skin not only because it’s a gel type with a fresh and cooling finish but also because it controls the oil level and even prevents future breakouts. But for oily but dehydrated skin, we strongly recommend you try [Klairs] Rich Moist Soothing Cream because it will target both the oil level but dryness inside your skin.