Top 5 Korean Products for Oily Acne Prone Skin!
by Wendy Kim on May 06, 2019
Top 5 Rules for Oily Acne Prone SkinAND, as Wishtrend always does, to specifically help all of you struggling with 'oily acne prone skin', a new Wish, Try, Love - Day & Night Oily Acne Prone Skin Care Box has arrived! But before we get into details of how to use each and every hand picked products to improve your skin condition, it is always important to take a look at what keywords and rules to remember when it comes to taking care of oily acne prone skin.So what are the keywords to keep in mind when it comes to taking care of acne-prone skin?
1) Don’t block your poresAccording to the Korea Centers for Disease Control Prevention, acne is defined as something “formed by sebum buildup in the pores”. We are constantly producing oil in our bodies which are released through our pores. So think about what will happen if the pores are blocked and all the oil can’t find its way out? There are many different factors that will block our pores; from excessive sweating, sunscreen or foundation not properly removed from the skin or even when dead skin cells build up excessively on the skin. So when oil can’t find its way out, the sebaceous glands below the skin will end up being inflamed and infected making it the shortcut to acne. So first and foremost, we must make sure oil is properly released out of the pores.
2) Control sebumLike mentioned previously, oil is secreted within our body and this is a very natural phenomenon. However, like the saying ‘too much is as bad as too little’, when there is excessive oil on our skin, it can be a cause of blocking pores and a broken balance of oil and water level on the skin. So it is very important to keep your water and oil balance on check and this can be done through healthy improvements in lifestyle and diet, however, what ingredients you choose to apply on your skin will have a massive influence. So, choosing products and ingredients that will hydrate your skin effectively yet has great oil and water balance is a key to preventing any further and future breakouts.
3) Antibacterial & Anti-inflammatory is importantWhen it comes to dealing with acne, ‘antibacterial’ and ‘anti-inflammatory’ is a word you would like to keep in mind. When you have acne, skin gets easily irritated, inflamed and even be more infected. To avoid acne from getting worse (and to prevent if you don’t have any now), it is important to give antibacterial and anti-inflammatory care. These two care sounds like a very tricky skincare to do so, however, as long as you find the right ingredient it will make your skincare journey a lot easier.
- Some ingredient recommendation for you
- ● Antibacterial care: Propolis, vitamin c ● Anti-inflammatory care: Centella asiatica, tea tree, bamboo charcoal powder