The Order of Skincare? How to Layer Skincare in the Right Order
by Claudia Christin on Dec 14, 2020
What you should take into considerationWe believe there is no absolute right or wrong in skincare. Do whatever feels right for your skin and yourself. Don’t stress too much over it and experiment a little bit here and there! But, it doesn’t hurt to change the order a little bit, you may see a better result just by switching the order. Each product has a different function and role in your skincare. In general, there is no one size fits all rule for everyone and every skincare product because it may be different depending on one’s skin concern and also how one’s skin can tolerate different layer of products. Here are some factors you should take into consideration:
- • Function of products
- • Texture of products
- • pH of products
- • How your skin tolerates a certain order
Function of productsGet to know your products and their main function:
- • Cleanser of course is meant to remove any remaining dirt / excess sebum on your skin.
- • Toner is a product that is meant to restore your skin's normal pH, hydrate, or exfoliate your skin.
- ‣ Exfoliating toner: Remove layers of dead skin cells, allows the next serum or product to absorb better.
- ‣ Hydrating toner: Add another layer of light hydration and feel refreshing.
- • Serum will deliver the most potent amount of active ingredients to your skin and target your specific skin concern.
- • Essence, Ampoule, Lotion is almost similar to a moisturizer but usually is lighter in texture to provide and lock in moisture.
- • Moisturizer is a product that is meant to prevent water loss, prevent and give your skin the moisture it needs to function properly.
- • Sunscreen is meant to protect your skin from the damage of UV radiation and is supposed to be the first layer of guard on your skin.