SHOO SHOO, BOREDOM For those of you who do not know, I am from Malaysia and Malaysia is currently under a Movement Control Order (MCO) due to the Covid-19 pandemic. I have been lazing at, I mean working from home for almost three weeks now and haven’t left home since the MCO started. If you are like me, and you are looking for something to ease the boredom, why not take a look at this new essence from By Wishtrend that I just recently discovered?
[caption id="attachment_189238" align="aligncenter" width="500"]
You are looking at the Quad Active Boosting Essence, a new essence that By Wishtrend has just recently released.[/caption]
DID I HEAR 4-IN-1?It has always been my number one goal to look for a good skincare product that can multitask and actually works on my sensitive skin. So when I hear that this Quad Active Boosting Essence contains some amazing active ingredients that have anti-inflammatory, anti-pollution and anti-bacterial effects, I have immediately decided to give it a try. Won’t want to miss the chance of finding a great multitasker, will I?Just like its name, this By Wishtrend Quad Active Boosting Essence contains four different active ingredients that are very beneficial to the skin:
- 1) 3 Complex Ingredients, which is made up of:
- • Morus Alba Bark Extract: Known for its ability to help fade dark spots and pigmentation caused by ageing and exposure to the sun, Morus Alba Bark Extract is a natural brightening ingredient that can protect the skin from free radical damage.
- • Nelumbo Nucifera Leaf Extract: Being an active ingredient that contains a large amount of anti-oxidants and is rich in vitamins (Vitamin A), it can protect the skin from free radicals that damage skin and cause signs of ageing too. Besides, it can also soothe the skin and promote wound healing.
- • Schisandra Chinensis Fruit Extract: If you thought that the anti-ageing power of this boosting essence stops there, hold that thought. Containing this active ingredient, this serum booster can also help maintain the skin's resilience, suppleness and firmness.
- 2) Salix Alba (Willow) Bark Extract: This is my favourite ingredient of all. At 10%, this BHA can help skin shed dead cells and clear pores. Not just that, it can also stimulate new cell formation and help reduce the appearance of marks. Goodbye acne marks!
- 3) Centaurea Cyanus Flower Water: Containing this has equipped the Quad Active Boosting Essence with natural anti-inflammatory properties which gives it the ability to soothe sensitive skin. Its presence makes this essence good for those who have sensitive skin but still want to give BHA essence a try!
- 4) Propolis: As an anti-inflammatory and anti-bacterial ingredient with restorative capabilities, propolis can accelerate cell growth rate and clean up pores. This makes the 4-in-1 serum booster especially good for balancing, healing and soothing problematic skin.
[caption id="attachment_189251" align="aligncenter" width="500"]
The glass bottle gives it a touch of elegance. It comes with a screw cap, which is a hygienic design that I like![/caption]
A TOUCH OF ELEGANCETo be honest, the first thing about this Quad Active Boosting Essence that I noticed was not its ingredient list but its elegant bottle design. Topped with a golden cap, its yellow transparent bottle had at first led me to think that the essence is yellow in colour. In fact, the essence is colourless and has no smell at all (or at least I can’t detect any haha). If you take note of its ingredient list, you can see that it does not contain any fragrance which explains why (and is wonderful)!
[caption id="attachment_189257" align="aligncenter" width="500"]
It is colourless and very watery.[/caption]Thanks to its watery texture, the essence can also be used as a toner. In the morning when I am rushing for time, I will skip the toner step and use this directly as it actually absorbs much faster than my toner and is more lightweight than my other essence. At night, I will follow the recommended steps by putting on my toner first before I follow up with the boosting essence.
[caption id="attachment_189258" align="aligncenter" width="500"]
Patting the essence into my skin.[/caption]SO COMFORTABLEWhat I like most about this essence is that it is not oily or sticky at all after it has been fully absorbed by the skin. We all know how it uncomfortable it can get when a product dries down to a sticky or oily finish! Because of that, you can also layer this boosting essence and use it as a serum too without having to worry that it will suffocate the skin. *Winks*
A TINGLE OF ANTICIPATIONDespite containing 10% of BHA, it never tingles when I use it. To test it out, I even put a little on the tiny wound on my finger and I felt nothing at all! So if this is the first time you try incorporating acid in your skincare regime or even if you have just popped a pimple, you can still use it without worrying that it might sting. I guess that has to do with its soothing ingredients, eh?
[caption id="attachment_189260" align="aligncenter" width="500"]
I like to pair it with my favourite propolis serum sometimes![/caption]Thanks to this, my skin texture is a little smoother now and my skin looks like it’s very well-moisturised. If you ask me, I think this Quad Active Boosting Essence is definitely worth a try. Besides, just looking at the ingredient list would be enough to get anyone to jump on board, not to mention its beautiful packaging that would definitely brighten up your vanity table!