The Best Korean Toner for Sensitive Skin Everyone's Talking About
by Gina Myung on May 29, 2018
Hydrating, soothing relief for sensitive skinWe hope you’re as excited as we are because this month’s 'Monthly Pick' is the [KLAIRS] Supple Preparation Facial Toner! We’ll be taking an in-depth look at its texture and ingredients, and also be sharing some special tips on how you can incorporate it into your routine for the fullest effects!But there’s more. Here at Wishtrend, we care deeply about you, our customers, and do our best to listen to and answer your skincare concerns. While the Supple Preparation Facial Toner continues to keep its place as a steady best-seller, some of you guys expressed your concern regarding the essential oils in the toner. This is why we came together with the Klairs team to develop a revamped, unscented version of the beloved toner, transforming one of the best Korean toners into the best Korean toner for sensitive skin, allowing customers the choice of the original scented version, and the new unscented version.
1. TextureWhen we think of toners, we usually conjure up images of a watery liquid that seep into the skin without giving you any time to evenly apply it on the face, or leave a stinging, or even sticky feeling afterwards. This is where the Klairs Supple Preparation Facial Toner is different. Its thicker gel-like texture allows it to create a protective layer of moisture on the face before it fully absorbs into the skin, leaving a light, refreshing finish without any stickiness or oiliness.*Below is the texture of, [KLAIRS] Supple Preparation Facial TonerWhile both the original and unscented versions of the toner feature this rich, yet fast-absorbing texture, the unscented version makes a better pick for those looking for an even lighter texture and finish.
2. IngredientsThe ingredient label is one of the most important things you should be looking at when choosing your next product. The Supple Preparation Facial Toner features a star studded ingredient list, including beta-glucan and hyaluronic acid to provide deep hydration to the skin, while centella asiatica extract works to soothe redness, inflammation and irritation through its natural calming properties. Free of alcohol, preservatives, artificial coloring and other harmful ingredients, it also features a hint of six essential oils - Lavender, Eucalyptus, Lemon, Orange, Geranium and Ylang-ylang - for a subtle, warm scent without the use of harmful artificial fragrances.However, despite the gentle nature of the Original Supple Preparation Facial Toner, some individuals expressed their disdain over their incompatibility with the toner due to the essential oils. This is why the Unscented Supple Preparation Facial Toner features all the same goodness of the original version, without the essential oils, truly giving it a place as the best Korean toner for sensitive skin.
3. How to UseWhile there isn’t a right or wrong when it comes to applying toner, in short, it can be applied using either just the hands, or with cotton pads. Simply take the bottle and dab it into the palms of your hands, and gently pat the product into the skin. This not only decreases the amount of product wasted, but also increases the soothing, moisturizing effects of the toner as the product makes direct contact with the face. This is a great method to use for busy mornings, and even for those with dry skin. On the other hand, using a toner with cotton pads are a great way to not only moisturize and tone, but also cleanse away dead skin, makeup and any remaining impurities left on the skin after cleansing. Just add a few drops of toner to a cotton pad of your choice and gently wipe the face from the center, to the outermost portions.
4. Smart TipsBut wait. One of the reasons the Supple Preparation is so well loved it how versatile it is. Here are three new ways to incorporate the toner into your routine that will totally change how you see toners, and change your skincare game for good.
1) 7 Skin MethodIf you’re new to the world of K-Beauty, here’s the breakdown. ‘7 Skin’ refers to a skincare trend popularized in Korea through various beauty forums during which you apply not one, not two, but seven layers of toner during your skincare regime in order to increase the moisturizing effects of a toner. Contrary to conventional toners, the Klairs toner makes a great product to use to the 7 skin method with due to its fast absorbing texture and mild formula so you can wake up to glowing skin the next morning!
2) Use with Cotton Pads as a Sheet MaskYou don’t need a sheet mask to mask at home. Simply take the Klairs toner to generously wet 4-5 cotton pads, and apply the cotton pads to the face, evenly covering the chin, cheeks, forehead, and nose. The highly hydrating and soothing plant based formula works to decrease inflammation, optimize pH balance, and lock-in moisture for overall smoother, healthier skin after your masking session.
3) Carry in a Spray Bottle as a MistFor those that get dry throughout the day, this is for you. Often times, conventional mists are created with a skin drying water-based formula, or even a heavy, irritating oil-based formula. Carry around the Supple Preparation Facial Toner with you in a small spray bottle so that you can stay hydrated on the go. Its innovative formula will keep you feeling hydrated all day long, without the painful pull of dryness.
5. Real ReviewsIf you’re still not convinced, the proof is in the reviews. Take a look at what people have been saying about the [KLAIRS] Supple Preparation Facial Toner and see why so many people agree that is is the best Korean toner for sensitive skin!BEST. TONER. EVER I bought this toner at a time where nothing was able to help irritated, flaky, dry, and red skin. After just TWO NIGHTS of using this toner, my skin was completely back to normal. Nothing changed in my routine except this product. Definitely ordering again..
-Chloe K*******AMAZING This toner is beyond amazing, really. It goes well with my super sensitive skin, and it helped my skin a lot with moisture and treating some of my leftover acne. A+. It feels really light weight.
-Mette K*****THE BEST THING THAT EVER HAPPENED TO MY SKIN I was so surprised when I first tried this toner. My skin is sensitive and more on the oily side but also dry... just a weird combination that makes it so hard for me to take care of. This toner made everything so much better. My skin feels moisturised but not sticky at all after using the product. It absorbs super fast and calms down my sensitive skin. Also: The effect lasts the whole day. I can only give 5 stars but I would give it 10 if I could..