Rice on the Skin: The 1000 Years Asian Beauty Secret
by bb on Jan 14, 2019
"But how exactly?"
1. Rice Water for Skin BenefitsWhen using in its liquid form, rice water for skin care has some excellent benefits for those would feel their skin is lacking in lustre. Below are the key benefits that rice extract is used on the skin. - Skin brightening- Anti-wrinkle- Hydrating- Firming- Balances uneven skin tone- Fade dark spots
"So who exactly is rice water good for?"After taking a peek at the key benefits of rice water for skin care, its clear to see that products containing this extract are most ideal for those with normal to dry skin who need anti-aging care and are looking to target and balance out any uneven dark spots on the skin.For example, those with PIH, pigmentation problems, or those who simply want a brighter complexion.If your skin is dry and dull, this is for you!
2. I'm From Rice Toner ReviewNow that we know the benefits of rice water for skin care purposes, let’s dive on into the in-depth review of the I’m From Rice Toner!
1) What is it exactly?This toner made from 77% pure Yeoju rice exact from Korea is formulated to deliver natural ingredients in a concentration deep into the layers of the skin. This concentration of rice extract provides the skin with an abundance of lysine which help builds collagen production in the skin. Because it’s a toner for skin, it’s best used right after cleansing for optimal results.
2) What Makes It WorkOf course, it’s important to take a look at the product claims and what is actually in this toner for bright skin that makes it work.
3) Benefits / Claims- Brightening- Anti-aging- Hydrating
4) IngredientsRice extract, Methylpropanediol, Triethylhexanoin, Hydrogenated poly (C6-14 olefin), Niacinamide, Pentylene glycol, Common Purslane extract, Rice bran extract, Japanese elm bark extract, Amaranthus caudatus seed extract, Hydrogenated lecithin, Distilled water, Polyglyceryl-10-myristate, Butylene glycol, Adenosine, Cellulose gum, Ethylhexylglycerin, 1,2-Hexanediol In my personal opinion on this ingredients list, I loved to see how brief it was and the lack thereof fragrances! I’m From has been known for their scents both in chemical and natural forms, this rice toner, however, contains no fragrances.
5) First Impression & TextureWhen first opening this rice water for skin, as per usual, I was impressed with I’m From’s choice of packaging. The rice toner comes in a heavy luxury feeling glass bottle that is clear, showing the product.
“Truly, luxury packaging at it’s best.”Upon opening the product, the bottle comes with a seal to ensure the product is fresh. Aside from that, once applying a few drops to my hands, I immediately noticed the that it has a silky texture on my skin. While it was very liquid and hydrating, at the same time it felt very soft and smooth. Texture aside, the toner absorbed fairly quickly into my dry skin after cleaning, leaving my skin feeling lightly hydrated and fresh. As one of the claims for this toner was hydration, I was expecting a mass amount of hydration, but instead, it was rather mild.
“It’s not as hydrating as I expected, but it’s just enough for daily use.”Aside from the immediate hydrating effects, in terms of my first impression on this rice water for skin, I did feel it was a lovely light-weight hydrating toner that did not cause me any immediate irritation.
“It left my skin feeling soft, hydrated, and fresh."
6) Overall ResultsIn terms of my results after using this rice water for skin care after 3 weeks, I must say the overall brightening effects on my skin where not the most apparent. I did feel my skin was brighter on a whole, but I did not notice any dramatic changes in my skin that really “wowed” me. However, it is definitely gradually brightening my overall skin complexion so I am looking forward to see the result after longer use.Aside from brightening, because I do not have any wrinkles or fine lines, I cannot gauge the overall results for anti-aging in regards to wrinkles. However, my skin did feel plumper every day I used the I’m From Rice Toner. My skin felt more soft, plump, and bright.
“All in all, it’s a great toner to daily brightening, smoothing, and hydrating!”