Korean Sunscreens That Will Make You Fall In Love
by Lauren on Apr 04, 2023
Korean skincare and beauty certainly rules the market for their high-quality yet affordable products with innovative ideas and use of advanced ingredients. On top of this, the development of effective yet lightweight, non-greasy and moisturizing sunscreens is another specialty in the realm of K-beauty.
Korean sunscreens are seen as a part of the everyday skincare routine known around the world for its multiple steps, including SPF application. In addition, SPFs often contain other desirable ingredients and therefore properties such as complexion brightening, wrinkle reduction and skin soothing.
The diverse Korean SPF market includes products suited for all different skin-types, desired textures as well lifestyle-dependent aspects, knowledge of which are essential when selecting the right product!
So, Which Are The Best On The Market?
There are two types of sunscreen: Physical/Mineral and Chemical.
Physical(mineral) sunscreen contains zinc oxide and titanium dioxide to form a physical barrier between skin and the sun’s UV rays. Chemical sunscreen contains organic compounds which act as a sponge to absorb harmful UV rays.
Let’s firstly take a look at the best physical/mineral sunscreens Korea has to offer.
Physical/Mineral Sunscreens (all SPF 50+ PA++++):
1. Torriden Dive-in Mild Sunscreen:contains 10 types of hyaluronic acid to keep skin moisturized
2. Rovectin Aqua Soothing UV Protector: non-greasy formula with soothing effects
3. I'm From Rice Sunscreen: calming effect for irritated skin, revitalize exhausted skin
4. Thank You Farmer Safe Sun Fluid Age 0880: mild and soothing ingredients for low irritation, non-greasy finish
5. Benton Mineral Sun Stick: 100% mineral suncare without irritation, leaving soft and smooth finish
6. Chasin’ Rabbits G’day Mate Sunscreen: contains niacinamide and cica for acne care, and is fragrance, essential oil-free
As well as physical sunscreens, Korean chemical SPFs are also outstanding.
Chemical sunscreens also offer great properties and skin protection against UV rays. Some of the best Korean sunscreens (all SPF 50+ PA++++) ideal for certain skin types or situations include:
1. Isntree Hyaluronic Acid Watery Sun Gel: contains 8 types of hyaluronic acid to lock in moisture, with ceramide to strengthen the skin barrier
2. Benton Air Fit UV Defense Sun Cream: lightweight formula with Centella Asiatica for soothing effects
3. Mixsoon Centella Asiatica Sun Cream: fragrance-free with a serum-like formula to deliver deep moisture
4. Isntree Hyaluronic Acid Airy Sun Stick: hydrating formula enriched with hyaluronic acid, bamboo water and aloe vera to provide soothing
5. Skin1004 Madagascar Centella Hyalu-Cica Water-Fit Sun Serum: fragrance/color-free with a combination of hyaluronic acid and cica to give the skin hydration and healing simultaneously
6. Dr. Ceuracle Cica Regen Vegan Sun: contains a cica-barrier complex with Centella Asiatica and Polyquaternium-51
Overall, Korean sunscreens are definitely the ‘next level’ when it comes to their design, formulation and skin benefits. Not only do products provide sun protection, each product mentioned has additional properties giving high levels of hydration, skin soothing and even skin barrier strengthening.
It’s definitely time to upgrade your sunscreen and check out what Korea has to offer!