The Best Exfoliator for Dry Skin & Other Skin Concerns?
by Gina Myung on Jul 30, 2018
What are the benefits of exfoliating?Exfoliators are a multi-functional wonder. Aside from keeping the skin soft, they have so many more wonderful benefits. Here’s a deeper look!
1. Improves skin texture by removing dead skinExfoliating is crucial in improving the overall texture of the skin, transforming a rough and dull complexion to one that is soft and glowing by removing the layers of dead skin that has built up on the face. By doing so, it also encourages the skin renewal process, making way for newer, healthier skin cells to shine through, also making the absorption of skincare products applied afterwards even better.
2. Improves blemishes, pigmentation and acneThe only thing more stressful than acne itself are the scars and blemishes that are left behind, but did you know that regular exfoliation can help to improve these dark marks? By exfoliating away dead skin, you’re encouraging the growth of new and healthy skin tissue to grow, improving the look of your skin over time. Not only that, but exfoliating can also prevent acne from popping up by gently removing dead skin cells that can potentially block the pores and ultimately cause breakouts.
3. Fights signs of aging for overall healthy skinFor overall healthier, happier skin, exfoliating is crucial. As you age, it’s normal to notice that your skin gets rougher. This is caused by not only a lack of hydration and moisture in the skin, but also the accumulation of dead skin that hasn’t properly been removed. By incorporating exfoliation into your regular routine, you can help your skin retain its healthy glow, and remove dirt and buildup within the pores for a smoother, more elastic complexion.
Choosing the right exfoliator for your skin typeThere are many types of exfoliators out on the market such as scrubs, which use physical friction to get rid of dead skin, or chemical peels, liquid type exfoliators and more. While it’s nice to stay open to options, it’s crucial you pick your exfoliator according to your skin type. The best exfoliator for dry skin will be different from the best exfoliator for oily skin, and so on and so forth. So, read below to see which exfoliator best suits your skin!
1) Dry & Flaky Skin:- What to look for in an exfoliator: The best exfoliator for dry skin is one that doesn’t strip the skin of its natural oils during the exfoliating process. Reach for an exfoliator that doesn’t depend on physical scrubbing of the face, which can dry out the skin more, but look for peeling gels that contain nourishing ingredients like vitamin C, to brighten the skin tone, while also exfoliating the skin through a gentle chemical process that leaves the skin looking and feeling glowy.- Products to try:[SKIN&LAB] Gently Vita Exfoliator
- For more details: click here