Does it Work? LED Therapy Mask for Skin Benefits
by Wendy Kim on Nov 29, 2019
What exactly is LED therapy?Dr Dennis Gross, a New York based dermatologist, puts it this way, “think of the light as an ingredient”. Think of LED light as another ingredient for your skin care. LED is short for Light Emitting Diode and the different wavelengths of the LED light works in the level of skin cells. This stimulates the skin on a cell level for instance, stimulating collagen production. Rather than having instant dramatic difference on the skin, LED light therapy has long-term biological effect when topically used for a period of time. Despite it being on the spotlight only recently, LED treatments have been around for over 30 years now! Fun fact, it were originally developed for astronomical purposes, to increase blood flow, tissue healing and repair for astronauts. Unlike other types of light therapy, LED does not contain ultraviolet rays, making it safe for regular use.
Quick and easy guide to LED therapy -
A. Basic information⊙ LED (Light Emitting Diode Therapy) skincare : a skincare treatment using different wavelengthes of light (shown as different colors).⊙ It was developed for astronomical purpose by NASA to help heal and repair astronauts.
B. Saftey matters⊙ LED does not contain UV rays thus making it safe to be used topically for skincare.⊙ LED does not normally cause burn on the skin.⊙ LED is not skin type or color restricted.
- * However, if you are under specific skin care treatment or skin condition, consultation with your dermatologist for new product trials is highly advised.
C. General instruction⊙ LED masks usually have automatically set time per session. (15-20 minutes) ⊙ It is recommended to use it on bare face or a light layer of hydration so that the wavelengths can reach the cellular level of the skin.⊙ It is usually recommended to be used 3 times a week.
D. Effects & results⊙ Different wavelengths of LED (different colors) target different skin concerns.
- - RED Light (630-635nm): Improves fine lines / elasticity
- - ORANGE Light (590-600nm): Brightens skin tone / complexion
- - BLUE Light (465-470nm): Shrinks pores / soothing effect
Bring your aesthetician home, LED Therapy MaskJust recently, Wishtrend launched the Eclair LED Therapy Mask and it got everyone excited. So why did Wishtrend decide to curate this specific LED mask?
- - 67.5g of an ultralight mask, making it outstandingly light compared to other LED light masks out in the market.
- - 96 LED lights distributed equally all over the mask.
- - Reasonable price compared to other LED masks out there in the market.
- - All 3 different colors included to target different skin concerns.
- - Eye shield included for those with sensitive eyes.