Keep your skin hydrated in the office
by Claudia Christin on Jan 23, 2024
The long awaited winter season has officially come! While some might be eager to welcome the winter season due to its festivities, some may despise it since winter weather makes their skin super dry! It's a season where staying outside may be too cold, while staying indoors dry their skin too much. And while there are Christmas and New Year's to celebrate during this season, most of our time is still going to be spent in the office.
Today we are going to give you the most important tips on how to keep your skin hydrated in the office even during winter, which is to layer your skincare products before going to work!
Tips on layering your body/skincare products before going to work:
1. Apply moisturizer all over your body right after you shower.
This helps to replenish your skin’s natural oils and your skin absorbs it better when it’s still slightly damp. Search for products with occlusive ingredients such as shea butter, cocoa butter, rosehip oil, jojoba oil, etc. They work to provide a physical barrier to lock moisture into your skin.
2. Apply body oil to body parts that are prone to dryness
If moisturizer alone does not provide enough moisture, you can always add body oils and mix it with your moisturizer to boost the moisture level.
3. You don’t need to wash your face in the morning
Low humidity during the winter makes our skin more prone to dryness. If you feel like washing your face in the morning makes your skin drier during the winter, you can skip it to prevent stripping your natural oils! Just wash your face with lukewarm water and wipe any remaining dirt with a toner pad.
4. Dump 7 or 10 steps skincare routine, even during winter!
Though multiple steps skincare routine seems reasonable during the winter since our skin needs much moisture and hydration, it can further worsen our already sensitive skin during the winter! Layering hydrating/moisturizing serum and moisturizer together is already enough. You should focus on the quality of the products, instead of the quantity! Use a deeply rich moisturizing yet nourishing products.
5. Use a good moisturizing sunscreen that can protect you from the UV rays, as well as from the low humidity
Although the weather seems cold and the sun is not around, you’ll still need to protect your skin from the damaging UV rays. Choose one that are very moisturizing and nourishing at the same time.
While you already might have a good base of skincare before going to work, it is also important to maintain the hydration throughout the day.
Here’s some recommended daily routines to keep the skin hydrated!
1. Use a humidifier to maintain indoor humidity.
2. Stock a bottle of moisturizer at your desk and keep a travel-size moisturizer with you so you can reapply your moisturizer when your skin feels dry!
3. Keep a hydrating face mist close to you to top up your hydration periodically.
4. Product recommendation: Dear klairs, Fundamental ampoule mistStore body cream or hand creams for other body parts.
Other useful tips:
1. Do not take long and hot showers! This will strip your skin’s natural oils away. It’ll be best to have short and cold shower during the winter.
2. Though your skin might feel flaky, never over exfoliate your skin!
3. Use sleeping pack/overnight treatments to restore your skin’s hydration during your sleep.