Skin Minimalism: The Newest Skincare Trend "Skinimalism" - Editorial | Wishtrend
by darmawanclaudia christin on Jul 19, 2022
Skinimalism = Skin + minimalism, the Newest Skincare Trend of 2022
You could probably imagine what the word means just by looking at the word ‘skinimalism’. But just to make sure, what does it really mean? And let’s take a look at why it made it onto the 2022 skincare trend list.
Skinimalism, the latest beauty trend, is here to save you time and money when it comes to your skin care routine. You can probably guess by the name — a portmanteau of “skin” and “minimalism” — that the trend is all about simplifying your skin care and building a regimen that helps you achieve healthy, glowing skin with only the necessary amount of products.
Skincare industry has been growing rapidly in the past few years. Brands have been eager to launch its own products with that moment’s trending ingredients. And with the growing popularity of skincare, we as consumers unconsciously consume things more than what we might need.
We have been so eager to try this and that, wanting to see if the products can ‘change’ our skin. We thought we need to have 10 steps of skincare to achieve a beautifully flawless skin, and have a variety choices of ingredients so we could tackle all skin problems.
Truth is, this might not be necessary and is not sustainable at all. When we have too many products, we tend to hoard them and some of them tend to expire before we get to use the best of it. Besides wasting our money, this practice is leaving waste too. That leads us to the merits of adopting ‘skinimalism’ into our lives.
The Benefits of Skinimalism?
Long story short, 'skinimalism' can save money, save your skin, and save you from being overwhelmed by products. And not only you can enjoy the art of simplicity but you can also still enjoy all the benefits with core ingredients and skincare tips.
Being a skinimalism means becoming a mindful consumer. Let’s admit it, it is almost impossible for everyone to have the same exact perfect skin all the time. What’s important is to let our skin be healthy and all we can do is to feed it with what it needs, not what we want.
Here is how we can practice ‘skinimalism’
- Keep it basic: There’s just three basic skin care you absolutely need to keep your skin healthy: Cleanse-Moisturise-Protect. Depending on your skin conditions, you might need some additional products such as exfoliators or serums.
- Use products with multiple benefits: This can minimize your skincare routine. Pick jam-packed products to target your primary skin concerns.
- Make use of the best of your products: Make sure to finish your products before you consider buying another. Or when a certain product does not do well on your skin, you can repurpose it as a body care product.
- Remember, quality over quantity: Do not buy products you are not sure if you can finish. Focus on the ingredients and benefits that are essential for your skin.
Here are some products recommendations to achieve your 'skinimalistic' life!- For quick & easy calming care + hydration: Dear, Klairs Midnight Blue Calming Cream
- For effective UV protection + makeup primer: By Wishtrend UV Defense Moist Cream
- For gentle exfoliation + cleansing: By Wishtrend Acid-duo 2% Mild Gel Cleanser