How to Choose the Perfect BB Cream for Beginners
by Lorena Jimenez on Sep 18, 2018
The The Best BB Cream for BeginnersYou guys have probably all guessed that August’s ‘Monthly Pick’ is the [KLAIRS] Illuminating Supple Blemish Cream! We’ll be sharing in-depth details on everything about the ‘Mochi BB’ from everything from it’s texture and ingredients, even all the way to how to make the most of it in your routine!
1. TextureIf you may or may not have known, BB is short for blemish balm - a subtype of base makeup which mainly functions to even out the skin tone for a light, natural, ‘no-makeup makeup’ finish. Just like its name, the Klairs Illuminating Supple Blemish Cream is similar to a hydrating, tinted moisturizer that is super lightweight, preventing it from caking even when layered, instead giving the skin a dewy, glossy finish. It’s slightly creamy texture fills in the pores without creasing, and applies smoothly and easily, just like a second layer of skin.
2. IngredientsThe Mochi BB is specially formulated with a blend of supercharged ingredients that work to better the skin. Centella Asiatica Extract gives the cream a soothing property, making it gentle enough for those with acne-prone, sensitive skin, while ingredients like hyaluronic acid and aloe vera extract keep the skin hydrated and moisturized throughout the day, for a natural dewy finish. Not only this, but it also contains niacinamide, which works to reduce pigmentation, suppress sebum product, and improve acne cause by oiliness, making it a great BB cream for beginners for it’s skin pampering qualities similar to a skincare product.
3. How to UseWhen it comes to applying BB cream, it is totally up to you on how you wish to do it. Some like it applying with hands, some love it wearing it with beauty blenders and some love it applying it with a foundation blush. It is totally up to you! The great part about this Klairs BB cream is that it has a buildable texture that the more you want the coverage to be the more layers you can add on the skin. A tip here to make layering more easier, apply the BB cream by dotting them evenly on the face where you wish to apply and blend them out using either a beauty blender or hands (if they are clean!) This way you can work your way through making your skin looking flawless but yet so natural!
4. Smart TipsWhile the Mochi BB is already a great multi-functional product on it’s own, serving as an all-in-one moisturizer, sunscreen, primer, foundation and anti-aging product, here are some ways to incorporate it more fully into your makeup routine.
1) Create a cream blush or contourOne of the reasons the Klairs BB is the best BB cream for beginners, is that it can be tweaked to be turned into a cream blush, contour, highlighter, eye shadow and more! It’s the ultimate product for those that are just starting to dabble into the world of makeup. Simply take a bit of your lipstick of choice and mix with the cream for a cream blush. Mix it with a dark brown eye shadow for a cream contour. The possibilities are endless!
2) Apply with your handsWhile many choose to apply their foundations and BB creams with a sponge or brush, this can be problematic for those with sensitive skin as brushes and sponges carry bacteria accumulated from prolonged use. Not only this, for the untrained hand, using tools to apply base makeup can cause streaky application. That’s why the Mochi BB is a great BB cream for beginners, as it has a soft texture that spreads easily with fingers.
3) Make your own cushion foundationIf you want to take your favorite Klairs BB cream with you on the go, make your own customizable cushion foundation so that you can have it with you wherever you are. The hydrating, lightweight formula is great for touching up, and can even be paired with an extra dose of serum of essence, for an even dewier finish! Mix-and-match as you please for your own unique cushion foundation!
5. Real ReviewsMust we say more? Take a look at what these people had to say about the [KLAIRS] Illuminating Supple Blemish Cream and why they think it’s the best BB cream for beginners and even the makeup obsessed!GENIUS! MY SKIN ONLY BETTER The Klairs BB is like nothing I have ever tried before. It does not "cake" or pile in any way. It blends to perfection very quickly and seems to virtually disappear into the skin without sitting on it or looking obvious! There is no grey or ashy cast at all, it just looks like my skin only better. It also covers larger pores! I am French-German with Caucasian fair skin and it suits me so well you cannot tell I have put it on. No European or American brands have anything as good as this..
-Fabienne R**AMAZING PRODUCT!!! I have combination, acne prone skin and this product works fantastically on my skin! I recently had a major break out on my forehead and dry patches everywhere. I basically went through my whole BB cream/ foundation collection trying to cover the redness but NOTHING worked! Until I finally received this BB cream in the mail. After one use I was in love! Not only did it cover almost all the redness, but it also was really hydrating and was able to go on really smoothly (didn't make my dry patches more noticeable). It's also very brightening, which I like because my skin was looking very dull and darker then usual at the time. Overall, this is my new favorite BB cream!.
-Jody C****MY HG BB CREAM I haven't experienced too many BB creams or other foundations, but I stopped at this option. This is my 6th tube of this BB cream. I never breaks me out or clogs my pores. In contrast, it soothes my sensitive skin although I always wear makeup more than 12 hours per day. It has a perfect tone that balances my skin tone so well with medium coverage but other people often have compliments on my NATURAL skin. They can't distinguish that is my skin with several layers of Klairs BB Cream..