Dark Circles Treatment with Green Ingredients Not to Forget
by Wendy KimonMar 19, 2018
Dark Circles. If you thought that ‘dark circles’ is an age-restricted concern, you got it wrong. When we asked our teen viewers on Wishtrend TV on what their skin concerns are the second in the ruling was concerns on dark circles. Dark circles is one of the biggest and maybe the most stressful concern that many can relate to regardless of age. It’s not only hard to figure out the cause but also hard and takes a longer period of time to remove it. There are some habitual changes you shall have to take and specific ingredients and dark circles treatment you would want to keep in mind to not only remove them but prevent them at the first place.Watch the full video about "How to Remove Dark Circles Under Eyes in the Most Effective Way!”
Top 5 Green to Remember for At Home Dark Circles Treatment
Like in the video, there are certain skin care tips that will work best according to different types of dark circles and also general skin care habits that will help you fade or prevent dark circles. But there are also some simple at home dark circles treatment that you can incorporate using some of the most common food in our kitchen.
1) Green Tea Bags
- What do you need?: 2 green tea bags- How to use?1. Soak the tea bags in the water and leave it in the fridge for a while until it cools down2. Place the cool tea bags under or over your entire eyes for about 15 minutes3. Gently cleanse your face or simply remove the residue using cotton pads.- Why?: Among different causes of dark circles, the dilation of blood vessels under the eyes is one of the most common reasons why people get dark circles. Green tea helps in reducing this thanks to tannins in green tea that has astringent properties. It constricts the dilated blood vessels and capillaries and help reduce the appearance of dark circles. With this, your under eyes will feel refreshed after.
2) Olive Oil
- What do you need?: A few drops of virgin olive oil- How to use?1. Add a few drops of virgin olive oil on your fingers 2. Massage the oil in circular motions around the eyes for a minute or two with your ring finger (make sure not to let it in your eyes) 3. Leave it overnight- Why?: Olive oil is known for its’ richness in a lot of healthy compounds that has antioxidant and anti-inflammatory properties. Since one of the causes of dark circles can be due to aging or irritation under eyes, it will help calm and also hydrate the areas thanks to the fatty acids included in olive oil. Your sensitive under eyes always need hydration and nourishment.
- What do you need?: 1 fresh cucumber (chopped)- How to use?1. Cut the cucumber into thin (or thick) slices 2. Place the pieces of cucumber on the eyes and completely cover the eye areas.3. Leave them on for 10-15 minutes4. Gently cleanse your face or simply remove residues with cotton pads- Why?: Cucumber contains a number of antioxidants like cucurbitacins, vitexin, orientin and etc. These antioxidants are specifically effective in dark circles treatment and that is why you would be familiar with the scene where a lady or a gentleman relaxing with cucumbers on their eyes. If your eyes feel fatigue simply placing pieces of cucumbers will help.
4) Aloe Vera Gel
- What do you need?: Aloe Vera Gel (without alcohol) & squeezed cucumber juice- How to use?1. Mix 1 spoon of squeezed cucumber and 1 spoon of aloe vera gel2. Use the mixture and massage under eyes for 30 seconds3. Apply the mixture under eyes and leave it on for 15 minutes4. Gently cleanse or simply remove the residue with cotton pads- Why?: Aloe vera gel is known for its natural nourishing properties that is great for skin calming and cooling. It also has anti-inflammatory effects and works great as a natural moisturizer. That is why it works great for sensitive or damaged skin. But why it can be a great dark circles treatment ingredient is because it can also lighten skin discoloration and improper pigmentation.
5) Mint Leaves
- What do you need?: Few mint leaves- How to use?1. Crush the mint leaves and mix them with a few drops of water until you get a smooth paste 2. Apply this paste under your eyes and leave it on for 10 minutes (make sure not to let it in your eyes) 3. Gently cleanse with water- Why?: Mint leaves are known to be rich in Vitamin C which we already know what goodness it can have on our skin. Vitamin C naturally has a brightening property so if dark circles due to pigmentation or UV rays is your concern, this will help give vitamin c dark circles treatment under your eyes. Just make sure not to burn your eyes because you know how spicy mints can get.