Upcycling Skincare? How to Repurpose Skincare Products?
by Gina Myung on Oct 01, 2021
1. The Different Skin Types💦 Oily: Skin that has excess oil throughout the face, most commonly on the t-zone. This causes skin to look shiny, feel greasy and be prone to blemishes and breakouts. ⚡️ Combination: Like the name suggests, areas that are both dry and oily will exist together. For example, if your T-zone (forehead, nose, and chin) are oily but your cheeks are dry, you may have combination skin.🌬 Dry: If your skin is flaky, rough and drinks up moisturizer, you most likely have dry skin. ⚠️ Sensitive: While this may look different in each person, redness and irritability - especially in reaction to new products or environments - are common indicators of sensitive skin. Reading over this list, you might feel like there’s something missing - normal skin. Many times, normal skin is described as having moisture balance, small pores, and few visible concerns like acne and pigmentation. In essence, the picture of “flawless” skin. We didn’t include it on our list because normal, healthy skin will still show signs of pores, texture, wrinkles and more, and this is all natural!Now you’ve learned about the different skin types, you might be curious how you can determine your own.
2. Determining Your Skin Type
1) The Bare-Face MethodOne way to determine your skin type at home is to examine your bare skin. Start with a clean slate by washing your face with your daily cleanser, then use a soft towel to gently pat your skin dry. Make sure you don’t apply any skincare products afterwards so that you can observe your skin’s natural state.After 25-30 minutes, your skin might look and feel a number of ways as the natural oils and tendencies of your skin come to the surface. If your skin is shiny all over, you most likely have oily skin. On the contrary, if your skin feels tight and has flaky areas, you probably have dry skin. If you see a mix of both oily and dry areas on different parts of your face, you might have combination skin. Or, does your skin have redness or signs of irritation? Then you might have sensitive skin.
2) The Blotting Sheet MethodAnother way to easily determine your skin type is simple - all you need is a blotting sheet. On a clean, bare face, press a blotting sheet on various parts of your face and hold the sheet up to a light to see how much oil was absorbed.Generally, the less oil there is on the sheet, the more likely you have dry skin. If there is a substantial amount of oil, you probably have oily skin. If there was little to no oil gathered from blotting your cheeks, but more oil from blotting your T-zone, you might have combination skin. After finding out your skin type, it’s time to determine which #frameless solution is best for you.
3. Finding Your Missing elmtelmt #frameless solutions are scientifically formulated by a team of researchers to effectively target and treat specific skin needs. Each solution has a special combination of active ingredients that synergize for maximum effectiveness on the skin. ✓ Recommended for: Combination Skin; Dry Skin✓ Active Ingredients: Niacinamide, grape extract, pomegranate extract✓ Helps to: keep skin hydrated and improve signs of dullness by adding a visible glow to dull, dry skin.
Skin Illuminating SolutionSHOP NOW
✓ Recommended for: Combination Skin; Sensitive Skin
✓ Active Ingredients: Centella asiatica, polysaccharides
✓ Helps to: strengthen the skin’s moisture barrier for balanced moisture levels in combination skin, while also treating visible redness and skin discomfort in sensitive skin.
Advanced Calming SolutionSHOP NOW
✓ Recommended for: Oily Skin; Dry Skin
✓ Active Ingredients: AHA, superberry complex, vitamin C
✓ Helps to: remove dead skin cells from the skin’s surface to help balance the skin’s oil levels by unclogging pores and reducing sebum production in oily skin, and reducing flakiness from dry skin.
Gentle Exfoliating SolutionSHOP NOW
#frameless Skincare Tips by Skin Type
Making some adjustments to the way you apply your skincare products depending on your skin type can also make a big difference in their effectiveness on your skin. We’ve prepared some tips for each skin type to make the most of your solutions.
💦 Oily: Apply your #frameless solution with an embossed cotton pad to gently exfoliate dead skin.
⚡️ Combination: Target dry and oily areas of the face with a multi-solution routine. Use a moisturizing solution on the cheeks, while focusing on reducing sebum on the T-zone.
🌬 Dry: Carry your #frameless solution with you on the go in a small spray bottle to add a hydrating touch to your skin throughout the day.
⚠️ Sensitive: Wet a cotton pad with solution and apply it to irritated parts of the face for 5-10 minutes for targeted care.